Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Gardens

I'm sooooo behind on my blogging that I'm going and try to blog every day this month (we'll see if that happens)! I still have so many pictures from my trip to WA and when the Riedesels came to visit, I feel like I'll never catch up . . . but here goes!
One of my favorite places to take people when they visit are the gardens at the Belligo. They change them several times a year and they are just so amazing and beautiful. This seemed to be a spring them with lots of bugs, flowers and water!
Isa has spotted something she thought was great.You can see the giant ant in the background, Isa has spotted something else.
This is a snail that needed some touch up. You can see the lady in there working, they pull out the flowers as they start to die off and replace with fresh ones. This exhibit is always fresh and pretty. Kai is looking on intently, another lady who was working from a cart getting things ready gave each of the kids a pretty yellow flower.
Kai loved his flower! In fact he loved it so much we had to go ask for another as the stem and flower separated.

All the beauties! You can see a bit of big yellow and lime green in the background, they are giant bucket and shovel!

Beautiful girl in front of the ladybug, it was made mostly from carnations. Did I also mention has great it smells in there too?

Someone is getting tired.
Kai is so expressive. I think I could take a thousand pictures of him and they would all have different expressions! He loved the big watering cans, dumping out the water.
Isa in front of the big frog. I think he was made from daisy's and moss.
Love this girl! She kept asking while they were here "when we going on a trip Meemaw"?
Well, Isa girl I'm not sure but, I think maybe we'll try for San Fransisco . . . that way you can wear some flowers in your hair.
I know that's probably one song you don't know, I'll teach it to you on the way!
Kai with his new flower, looking at a fountain outside of the gardens.

This was our next stop. I just wanted everyone to see that Isa still has that flower in her hand!
You'll probably have to enlarge if you really want to see it, it is there!
For those wondering, Kevin was at a job training program this day in the morning.

No comments: