Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mom Goes to Disneyland

Like all kids, I'd always wanted to go to Disneyland. Although we took lots of vacations when I was a child they were all to visit family, mostly in IL. When we did go to CA, I would beg to go to Disney, dad always said NO! Amusement parks weren't his idea of a good time, or money well spent. We did go to San Fransisco and do all the fun stuff there and San Diego to the zoo and Sea World, just not Disneyland. Fast forward to 1977, the year i graduated high school, mom offered me a trip to Disneyland!!! I was overjoyed! My friend, Sue, along with mom, Leola and Grace all headed off for 10 days in southern CA and we did it all! We went to Disney in fact we stayed right across the street, this was back in the day when you bought ticket's at the gate not the all day passes . . . any one remember the E ticket? I think what surprised me the most was how mom and Leola went on every ride! They figured they would never go back so had to do it all. We also went to Knott's Berry Farm, San Diego Zoo and Sea World i can't remember all the little things we did but, we made the most of our time there.
Here is Grace, Leola and mom with one of the Three Little Pigs. Going through the turnstile's and getting on the train!

2 comments:

Isa and Kai's mama said...

Is that MY grandmother? Smiling for a picture?

lvsgma said...

hey, she was with me! she was having a great time. after the post i remembered sue and i walking in the room one night to find them all having a pillow fight