Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Family Surprise

Not sure why, but mom didn't like any new life changes or surprises. It always took her awhile to adjust to any change, but she always did. And never ever surprise her! That's a whole different post! Any way when she was pregnant with me, dad and mom decided not to tell any family back home (IL), they would wait until after the baby was here. Grandma Welch, Helen Rose, would come out most summer and stay most of the summer, that would be when they made the big announcement.
The day of her arrival dad and Mike took off to the train station to pick her up while mom stayed home with me. Dad said once they had her picked up and in the car it was all Mike could do to not tell her. He kept saying, we've got a surprise for you at home Zam, we've got a surprise for you (he always called her Zam). Once they arrived home they sent her into her bedroom and I was laying on the bed . . . aw. I guess that would have been quite the surprise!After that they shared with the rest of the family. It was always funny to me to go through my baby book and see all these letters about what a surprise I was and the shower notes every wrote to mom after they were told!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow! That is crazy that they didn't tell anyone in IL until you were here! And Dad looks exactly like Grandpa in that picture!