Monday, February 22, 2010

Kevin Flying High

Here is our happy young man right before he "tried" the ramp I don't believe Kevin went over the ramp on purpose. The ramp was shown to our sledders on their very first time on the hill. They were told they probably wouldn't want to go over it, and they did not go over all afternoon.
Here Kevin is starting down the hill. He's a little sideways and bout this time I hear Lisette yell, he's going toward the ramp! My reply? OK I'll get the photo! Some how I don't think that is what she expected me to do.
Here he is just before the ramp. See how he is kinda leaning back with the rope in his hands? Kind of like he's on a horse and wanting it to stop. Yeah, this didn't quite work for the sled!


Next thing I know Kevin is flying through the air (not with the greatest of ease). He was flung from the sled, landed on his stomach, his head sort of bounced, he slid through the compacted snow, was a little slow in getting up, even slower in straightening up (I kept taking pictures though).

This is what it looked like when he faced me. After some rinsing out of the mouth (split the inside of his lip) and some wiping down of the scratches on his nose, Kevin, Catherine and Lisette headed back up the hill for one more ride down.
Sorry pic's are out of order and blogger won't let me fix it today. See the little red spot on the tip of his nose? He also has a small scratch going up the front of it.
Here he is with Lisette getting ready to come down again.
Here they are whooping and hollering and having a blast. Takes more than a little fling through the air to keep our Flying High Kevin down!!!
Stay tuned. Tomorrow will be the snow ball fights

2 comments:

Isa and Kai's mama said...

You're crazy Kevin!

lvsgma said...

he may be crazy but he has fun
and remember scars are like tattoo's they just have better stories
my boy know has another cool story and he is sooooo proud