Friday, August 28, 2009

Travels

When traveling there are routes I take more often than others. Along the way I have found things to look forward to passing that means we're getting closer. Often I have wanted to take pictures of certain things, but the people that I travel with are some times no fun! They either think it's silly, they don't want to stop for another photo opp. or they just want to get to their next destination.
This trip is going to be a little fun for me. This time I'm stopping at some of those spots I find interesting and taking pictures. Some of the places that I thought I'd get a picture at I'm passing by, the dragon made out of scrap metals for example just over the Oregon/California boarder on I-5. I thought there was a pull out, but no such luck and I didn't think pulling over on the shoulder of a freeway for a picture where there was a sign saying emergency stopping only would be a good idea.
So here you have a picture of the shoe tree. This tree was even in the northwest AAA magazine this month!! It's located in NV on highway 395 between Reno and Susanville. So if we are going North we are almost to Susanville and if going South we are almost to Reno!
This shot even has a pink lei in it!
You need to look hard to see these.

Here are where some of them are located, if you need help. It really is a funny sight in the late fall and winter with all the leaves off. Although it seems to me that some of the shoes have walked away as there were a lot more on our last trip down 395.

Don't forget you can click to enlarge and get a better view.More experimenting with picnic. This one didn't turn out at all as it was straight into the sun. With picnic I was able to get a pair of shoes to show up.
It's so much fun to be in a hotel room with no interruptions to get to play with my pictures and blog. Tomorrow I should be in WA meeting Grace. OH BOY.

No comments: