Saturday, April 9, 2011

Decorating

I've probably mentioned before, how my mother and I use to compete (friendly) over who had the most decorations for each holiday. It's been awhile since I've put up decorations for most holidays, as I have lost my friendly competition. As silly as it may sound it was fun, she would usually call and say something like " I've just bought a new purdy, how many do you have"? She knew that the new one she just got meant she had one more than I did, I probably ran right out and bought two more just to be ahead again! My favorite was going in the day after while she was at work and buying some more at 50% off, I'd wait until she got home from work and inform her of my new purdies. Of course by the time she got there the next morning everything that was any good was taken. This year I decided to either put the Easter ones out or get rid of them, since I couldn't bear to part with them this is what I had Kevin do this morning.

I love the way he needs to examine each ornament before it goes on the twig.


Still missing my mom, wishing she was here to tell me how far ahead of me she was this year . . .

1 comment:

Guatmama said...

My mom was gone before I had my first home, but i am certain that this is something we would have enjoyed sharing! Great memories Trudy!