Monday, June 23, 2008

On the Wings of a Dove

As many of you already know on June 4, my dad passed away. We headed to WA the next day, while on the plane I was thinking about what the obit should say, what photos to use and what songs to have on the CD memorial (I've always liked On the Wings of a Dove). When we arrive in WA we went to pick up the car, then headed over to Isa's house to see her new brother (thank God for the little one's as they are a constant reminder of the circle of life). That evening we met a Mike's house to decide on the photo's, Mike had already pick out Oh, My Papa and I Did it my Way for the songs to be played on the CD that the funeral home was doing and they were perfect for dad and he would have loved it. We then picked out the verse for his remembrance card, Remember Me
the first lines go like this:

Remember me - when you see a dove fly
Remember me - when the roses glisten with drops of dew
Imagine our surprise when we arrived back out at the house and there sat this white dove!I fed lit some crackers, however, it seemed to prefer Wheaties . . .dad's all time favorite cereal. Look how close the dove let Isa get to it!
So, yes dad I will always remember you when I see a dove fly.
We love and miss you.

1 comment:

Isa and Kai's mama said...

I still find it hillarious what Dick said about grandpa and the dove- 'I never would have imagined my brother as a dove, a racoon, maybe, but not a dove' with a big smile on his face.
I see the dove as a way to show us that grandpa is okay and is watching over us...